At Applied Education, our course content is developed in consultation with industry partners and professional bodies such as the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
As part of your enrolment in our Bookkeeping & Accounting Courses such as the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, you will receive a complimentary student membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).
"To provide bookkeepers with the co-operative forum to be the best they can be. We’re about bookkeepers: Recognition & Education."
– ICB Vision
The ICB aims to bring certainty to the bookkeeper industry and all involved and affected by it. By setting standards for the bookkeeping industry, they provide answers to major questions such as:
- What does a bookkeeper do?
- How skilled is this bookkeeper?
- How do I prove my bookkeeping skills?
- How do I improve my own bookkeeping skills?
- How do I do bookkeeping better?
- What are the benefits of being part of a bookkeeper professional association?
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers membership includes:
- Bookkeeper tools and resources
- Extensive website accessed resource base for bookkeepers seeking assistance
- Newsletter for bookkeepers: Specifically designed to guide you in your bookkeeper world
- Urgent relevant updates emailed to all members as they happen
- Support network: bookkeepers supporting bookkeepers by phone or email
- Regional network meetings: Operating monthly with an increasing number of locations and systemised resources and content for discussion
- Professional indemnity insurance designed for the bookkeeper (prices relevant to the bookkeeper business)
- Professional email account for Practicing members: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sourcing of new clients through “Search for an ICB Bookkeeper” on the ICB website (available to all Associate Members in Practice, Members in Practice and Fellows in Practice)
- Sourcing of new clients through “Job Vacancies” on the website: Potential clients list the work they want performed allowing you to respond
- Bookkeeping knowledge based assessments
- Bookkeeper task based competency assessments
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping: We don't provide it, but, we watch and assist the RTOs and recommend your best options
- Special skill self assessment: Online assessments, to test what you do and do not know
Applied Education encourages students to complete their ICB membership after they enrol with Applied Education using the enrolment form we provide students. Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is one of the best resources available for bookkeepers so spend some time exploring their website and reading their past newsletters, accessing ICB members only resources and forms.
Further details and the Application for Student Membership will be emailed to you upon enrolment.